MIS: Week 10 Lecture Reflection

Today in lecture we had a guest lecturer talking about Management and Leadership in organisation.  This was very interesting because he discussed the differences in management and leadership.  Management was described as having a strategy and planning and organising different groups towards a goal.  Leadership is more of setting a direction and organising people in a group.  Leadership also includes motivation and inspiring people which is an important factor in any project because if group members are happy and enjoy working then they are more likely to produce quality work.  We also did an activity to see what kind of leader we are.  I scored very well in this part and the description said I am on my way to becoming a good leader but there is always room to improve my leadership skills.  I found this very interesting and it made me think about the things I can improve to be a more effective leader in my group projects and future career.  Learning about leadership styles and management has made me think about the parts that I can grow in to become a stronger leader in my future career as I hope to some day be a woman CEO or head of a company. 

Comments