MIS: Week 6 Lecture Reflection
Today in lecture we learned about databases. Databases are collections of related items that can be organised in a way to allow easy searches. This is interesting because databases allow for organisation of large amounts of data and information. As we have learned in the past information is the most important form of currency in information systems. In order to use information and data collected, it is important to use a databases to allow for easy searching of the information. Within a database you can search for specific information and apply different filters to find exactly what is needed. This can be useful for businesses when they are trying to organise customer information. It is important to organise this information because this allows for business analytics. In terms of our coursework project, our cafe can use a database to organise the amount of drinks and food sold. This way the company can look at which products are the most popular and even direct advertisements at people enjoying this product. I hope to try to incorporate this into my coursework project to highlight the importance and usefulness of databases.
Coursework Project.
I have almost finished the powerpoint but I am still finishing up the last minute touches (pictures, charts, etc.) before we video it next Tuesday. My group is ok but we can still not get Christian to show up to meetings or seminar, and do any actual work. Also he has been quite forward and aggressive in text messages directly to me outside of our group chat asking about why we did not use the work he did. Given the "work" he did has nothing to do with the project and I tried to explain this to him but I think he is still struggling to understand what the project is about. He does not even know the name of the cafe even though we have said it many times and he has access to the powerpoint. This is kind of frustrating because Amid, Menna, and I have been working on it for weeks now and all showing up to seminar.
Coursework Project.
I have almost finished the powerpoint but I am still finishing up the last minute touches (pictures, charts, etc.) before we video it next Tuesday. My group is ok but we can still not get Christian to show up to meetings or seminar, and do any actual work. Also he has been quite forward and aggressive in text messages directly to me outside of our group chat asking about why we did not use the work he did. Given the "work" he did has nothing to do with the project and I tried to explain this to him but I think he is still struggling to understand what the project is about. He does not even know the name of the cafe even though we have said it many times and he has access to the powerpoint. This is kind of frustrating because Amid, Menna, and I have been working on it for weeks now and all showing up to seminar.
Comments
Post a Comment