MIS: Week 2 Lecture Reflection

Today in lecture we talked about how information is currency.  This concept is really interesting because we talked about how businesses have evolved from the first wave which is mainly agricultural and hand work businesses to the third wave where information is now currency.  Information is so important because it is what runs businesses today and in the future.  This interests me because we also talked about information shapes fast growing businesses.   It does this by using tools such as social media which can direct marketing at the users and data which stores information of the users.  In the business world this is very important for companies because it allows for more growing.  I think I will be able to use this when I work for a company by getting user information and being able to shape the company to what users want.  Overall information is so important to the fast growing business world and will be what drives companies.

Comments