MIS: Week 5 Seminar Reflection

Today in seminar we worked on the LOOKUP and VLOOKUP functions.  These functions allow you to search through large pieces of data to find information from one column using the information in another column.  I found this lesson on the easier side but still it was very useful.  When looking through large pieces of data it can be difficult to find a certain item but with this program it is easy.  I would most likely use this when doing data analysis later in  my career.  We also met in our groups to talk about our coursework assignment.  For my assignment, my group has almost finished the power point that we are going to present.  I feel like I have done most of the work in my group because my other members will not do the work sometimes.  For example, Christian in our group was very rude when we asked him to do a couple slides and would not show up to our meetings.  Our other member Menna does not really understand what to do when we explain it to her but she is trying and we appreciate that and she shows up to meetings.  Amid has been very helpful with coming to every meeting and helping me with the power point but still I ended up having to format everything and write it all out. Overall though I am glad our group is ahead and we are going to have our power point checked in seminar next week and hopefully filming late next week.


Comments