MIS: Week 4 Seminar Reflection
In seminar today, we continued our work on excel. The lesson on excel today was with IF statements. An if statements is when you want excel to decide whether a number is one option or another. For example, if you score above a 90 you get an A. Excel can run this on a large group of numbers and input it into another column or row. This makes organizing data very easy and readable. I found this lesson very helpful because I think it is an easy way to make data more easily read. In our group project this can be implemented when deciding whether a companies advertising is good or not. For example on different social media platforms if they have above 1000 followers they have good advertising and if they have less than their advertising might need work. With our project my group has chosen a business that has poor advertising. Using this program we can easily interpret the data we receive from the business and further analyze it for research. This can also be very helpful when calculating grades because I am from the US and we have a different grading system but with this program I can see if I am passing or not with the IF statement. Overall, I found this lesson very useful and interesting and I am excited to use it in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment