MIS: Week 4 Lecture Reflection

This week in lecture the different levels of an organisation were discussed.  First we went over Mintzberg's types of organisational structure which is the different types of businesses from entrepreneurial to adhocracy.  From here we looked deeper into the structure within these business types by looking at the levels within a business.  This included the operational level, which is the base level and includes employees such as the shift manger.  This role deals with the day to day operations within the business.  Next the managerial level is where the managers prepare, plan and report the business data.  Employees in the managerial level receive information from the operational level and report it to the executive level above them.  The executive level makes the large decisions needed for the business to operate.  They receive their information from the lower levels of the business.  Learning about this I found interesting because within a business there can be different levels of management.  As I am studying management it is important to see the dynamics within businesses.  I feel I can also implement this when I go into my career.  By understanding the different levels, I know how to get to the top.  Also within my group project I will be able to implement these different levels when doing research on our company.  To implement this a couple of group members will do the interview and get the information which is similar to the operational level.  From there someone will make a plan and lay out the issues which is the managerial level.  Lastly we will create a solution which is the executive level, overseeing the entire project. 

Comments